Yesterday was a pretty full day; filling orders at Ribbon Jar, finding just the right color for a client so we could paint before the rains come, a happy birthday dinner for a dear friend and staying up until one to preserve some apple pie filling!
But I did find time to cut out the wool sweater I would repurpose into a jacket for Tuesday! I love these old patterns, the paper is thicker than they use now so you don't have to be afraid of it ripping. This was actually a housecoat pattern. I love the simplicity of it and the raglan sleeves.
Initially I left the collar on but you will soon see that I ended up cutting it off for a better fit! That was about it for day one.
But here I am back at it again this morning at 6:30... Initially it was difficult to tell which was right side of the wool. But after looking closely (I had kept the buttons on) It was actually the yarn on the left which was the right side!
I topped stitched all of the seams, as Miss Tuesday can be a bit finicky at times with seams; she may have gotten that from her mama!
This top-stitching proved to be a bit of a challenge when it came to working the needle down inside the sleeve!
And yes I cut off the collar!
I ended up gathering it before reattaching it to the coat!
I must say the hardest part of this is fitting everything in, but I'm definitly making good use of my time... I not wasting a minute of it! Now off for my morning run!